We work within the Church of England’s safeguarding policy for children, young people and vulnerable adults.
We recognise that the care and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of the whole Church. Everyone who participates in the life of the Church has a role to play in promoting a Safer Church for all.
Our commitments are therefore:
- Promoting a Safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
Our agreed Child Protection Policy is available here, and our agreed Vulnerable Adults policy here.
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Lostock Church Safeguarding Contact
Mrs Samantha Abram
Contact via the Church Office: 01204 659696 or via email
Please don’t send sensitive information via email, but get in touch, providing a contact number, and our safeguarding officer will get back to you asap.
Manchester Diocese Safeguarding Officer
0161 828 1400
Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm: 01204 331500
Monday to Friday 6:00pm to 9:00am and weekends: 01204 337777
If a child is in immediate risk please contact the police on 999.
If a crime has been committed against a child but they are not in immediate danger please contact the police on 101.
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
Childline: 0800 1111
Stop It Now: 0808 1000 900
NAPAC: 0808 801 0331
Samaritans: 116 123
Family Lives: 0808 800 2222
National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
Action On Elder Abuse: 080 8808 8141